Good list you have going here guys. I would also like to throw out:

No such thing as doomsday- Philip Hoag. GREAT book about shelter construction (bomb shelters). Unfortantly it is hard to find and expensive when you find it, the new version his wife just kicked out everyday prepardness or something like that, is everything that use to be in his book, MINUS anything shelter related, IE not really worth your time or money.

root cellaring: natural cold storage...- Mike Bubel

seed to seed- Suzanne Ashworth

US Army survival Skills guide. NOT THE TO (which is also great), but the new book released by the Army and Jay McCullough. Its a brick however, about as big as The encyclopdeia of country living.

Shelter, Shacks, and Shanties- DC beard. There are many versions of this book out, I own about 12. They are all differnt and some are edited for content. But any will show you the way.

If you have or are planning a renewable energy system to you house... the renewable energy handbook- William Kemp

Then there is my list of stuff that I have built and collected on solor cooking/ dehydrating, water purification, food preserving, small animal raising, a bunch of material on surviving the depression, medical, dental, composting, humanure, ect.

Also so be it some of his articals are WAY out there, there is still a lot to be learned from the some of the writtings of Kurt Saxton.

Last in this post, but not last at all, and I am surprized no one brought it up yet. The Bible.

Edited by utspoolup (03/12/09 07:48 AM)