All,

Been on the forum for a bit and know there's a bunch of ya that work in IT, and curious what you carry day in/day out on you.

My story is that i'm basically a coding monkey who lives in a cube and when they let me out, its to meetings. The below is what I use daily (yes, even the medical stuff... i'm a clutz!).

On my person I always carry a modified Bill's Case urban wallet (has slots on both sides with only one zipper pouch). In the pouch part contians some bandaids, a couple 2x2's, a medical wipe of some sort, advil, butterfly bandaids, 20 4" zip ties (so damn useful), some cash, and a AAA battery (backup for the LD01). In the slots I have a mini black sharpie, fisher bullet pen, SAK ALOX cadet and a fenix LD01.

Sometimes I have a usb key or two in there, but not usually. I will probably add some ear plugs as I find myself stuck in a server room or two for extended hours and the fan noise gets to me.

I find the LD01 to be a very useful light... and the cadet is a very friendly knife in the office environment. This would be the key of my set up, and will have no problem pulling them out and just having those two items.

I would love to add a leatherman mini-tool to this set up as i find when i need needle nose pliers, they just aren't around. But I find that the thickness is too much to have on this setup for a front pocket carry. Love to know if there are any multitools out there that are quite thin?

I usually have my brief case around that has its own collection of toys (spirit s, bigger light, urbanized psk, netbook, first aid kit, wipes, etc). On top of my usual work stuff of a reference or text book, pads for writing, usb keys, etc. So I don't need to carry a lot with me, but when I have to jet without this bag, its always nice to have some basic items.

Thoughts? What do you guys carry?