Quote:
You might not agree, but I think that Les and Bear deserve equal respect. If you don't agree, then you should be advised that it is a viable argument to assume that you are perceived by many as a favoritist homo seeking sympathy for the fact that Bear can approach survival with more of an SERE outlook than you can, and while that might not be the survival situation you would like to find yourself in someday, Bear's is a relevant and valued attitude to be aware of and have if need be. I guess you can't see it that way. It simply seems that people who don't like Bear's approach cannot find it within themselves to appreciate others' differences. What a bunch of homo's!

That's a bit like saying Madonna and Beethoven are all the same. Even though one is a pop star best remembered for her sexual escapades while the other is recognized as a musical genius nearly 200 years after his death. You can be a Madonna fan or a Beethoven freak, to each his own. But saying they're somehow on the same level is at least inaccurate if not ridiculous.

IMHO, Bear and Les are so different in their approach they should't even be mentioned together in the same paragraph. Their shows are totally different and target a different audience.

Whether one is better than the other depends on how you look at it. Having just seen Bear's commercial on TV (Discovery channel) I'll admit Bear has a whole lot more "entertainment" and horror value. Just watching him do another backflip from a huge cliff was scary! On the other hand, I've picked up some useful outdoor tips from Les and Ray Mears so those guys have much more to offer in the educational department IME.

Whatever you pick, I don't see what this has to do with homos. I can't quite understand what you mean by using that word all over again unless it's perhaps some psychological thing having to do with your own insecurities?

Please, let's keep this civil. I think I'll rather take a little walk because it's a mighty beautiful day otuside. smile