Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
Well, there's no need to be abusive. If you didn't like the thread, you could have just 'changed channels,' right?

If you are going to attempt to defend the response I responded to, I will speak to you as though you are that person.

Firstly, I don't think I was being abusive; only a total wussy would think what I said was abusive. But, even so, I suppose you are right. It's uncanny how a little hypocrisy can appear to sneak up on a person sometimes; and yet, I would think it more likely to suppose I was trying to criticise constructively, maybe giving "a little of one's own medicine" so to speak, in order to put things in perspective. This is a forum, not a TV show, and I would expect that people not Bear-bash or Les-bash. If you can't handle being admonished for your childishly inappropriate attitude toward people who owe you nothing, then grow up, because you will get bashed right back!

You might not agree, but I think that Les and Bear deserve equal respect. If you don't agree, then you should be advised that it is a viable argument to assume that you are perceived by many as a favoritist homo seeking sympathy for the fact that Bear can approach survival with more of an SERE outlook than you can, and while that might not be the survival situation you would like to find yourself in someday, Bear's is a relevant and valued attitude to be aware of and have if need be. I guess you can't see it that way. It simply seems that people who don't like Bear's approach cannot find it within themselves to appreciate others' differences. What a bunch of homo's!

Just because you and a small handful of others don't know what respect is, doesn't mean someone has to go out of his way and do you the favor of telling you how you are perceived by the many rather than the few. So appreciate it. It's simply that if you can't be reasoned with, then your fear of not being included in the majority might help you pull your head out. I know most would simply ignore you, but there are too many not showing any concern for the value of respect and appropriateness in the world today, and for that reason, it bothers me that favoritism goes unchecked. Favoritism is the beginning of exclusionism, etc. Respect everyone equally or you are the one who is disliked!

Maybe that's the answer you were looking for. If it isn't, then assume I can't help you and simply don't ask.