Great info. Thanks Sue.

I really would like to avoid growing only one crop, so I can avoid the consequences that could happen should I ever need to rely on it, only to have it fail. Besides, cooking and/or eating the same thing every day is boring (except maybe for breakfast, for which I find it efficient).

I continue to try to learn, and the info on hubbard, butternut and zucchini is awesome. DW and I tend to eat a lot of squash, and I'd like to grow a few different ones, do not want to depend on only type and would liek to avoid some monotony.

The taping and pollinating of flowers is something I'll try.

I don't think I will find many neighbors that have vegetable patches, at least not many within a mile. Very few of my neighbors have any inclination to do anything on their property that invovles them performing physical labors. Instead, most of them call someone anytime they think something might need to get done. Still, there may be a few.

One type of plant I think I will be adding, in a container, in the sun or jerusalem artichoke. Seems like an easy addition, so long as it does not become invasive.

Edited by Dan_McI (03/04/09 01:00 PM)