Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
AThe 'genie was out of the bottle.'
911 calls are a TAXPAYER funded service. They are not subsidised by later commercial use. There is no disclaimer or waiver of my right to privacy recorded before I speak to an operator.

Neither is NASA, neither is the national weather service, neither is the Interstate Highway system....

Look, you can have all your secret man-clubs, and all that.

Don't use my tax money for it and that's fine by me. You take a dollar from me and spend it, 9 times out of 10, I deserve to know what that money was used for, no matter what. The 911 calls - you know what, while my last post was a bit of a bash on the 911 operators, do you know how many BS calls they get a day? I'd like to see THOSE released as well - people calling and reporting a barking dog. People calling to complain about the food at Mc Donalds. Waste is a 2 way street. You can't complain about government waste if people think government services are limitless resources. I'd be happy to see the name and address of some jerk who abused 911 - and a copy of their call - posted to the internet. They deserve it.