Quote:
That was interesting Sue.
They are selling a product so I will have to check and see if what they say is true about deer seeing UV blue.
If they are right it explains a few things I have noticed over the years about how deer act.

Yeah, interesting food for thought. I wonder though if the UV from the dyes is really such a dead give-away. IME, I've been able to stalk deer with some success as long as I've paid attention to the wind and smell. I don't hunt but I've frequently been able to approach deer to under 10 yards, sometimes I managed to get so close I could probably take one with a spear if I had to, maybe even bare hands.

I've noticed that my clothing makes relatively little difference. I tend to wear OD or similar, rarely camo but as far as I can tell, it's the movement that spooks deer. Sometimes the deer would sense my movement and look around, even looking straight at me but as long as I remained still (crawling or taking cover in the undergrowth seems to work best) they couldn't get a proper visual contact.