Thanks for the replies thus far, and the tone.

To clarify, I totally undestand the need for camo while hunting (wore it myself). And I also understand the desire for subdued colors while hiking (wear them myself, though I try to make sure my kids have something bright).

But specifically I was asking about bob bags, shtf bags, etc that are designed to be used only in a survival situation. I guess also beyond that, I am asking about s.e.r.e. kits and the mindset in general about wanting to "go commando" in a survival situation vs "be found". I suppose the former is what I think of when I hear folks talk about survival gear/bags/kits in camo and drab colors.

Personally, my "you have 90 seconds to get out of the house and into the truck bags" are Mountainsmith bags. Bright red with yellow trim, logo and pulls. One for mre's, one for gear & light rations, etc. I have a smaller Mountainsmith daypack in each vehicle along with matching waist pack for the kids. Mountainsmith makes pretty tough gear at a fair price. My thinking says they are easy to find in a hurry, easy to spot if WE need to be found, and not so intimidating that we draw attention in a crowd of folks.

So as I reflect more, perhaps I found the answer? If one has hiking/hunting gear and a separate dedicated "uh oh" kit/bags, then bright colors make sense? But trying to do it all with one set of gear means tactical toughness and appearance are a neccessary compromise?

Thanks,