Please take my question at its face value

I really dont know why 'cuz I am a city guy and dont see the need or purpose. However, touring a number of sites, from cooking forums to camping or preparedness forums it seems like a popular thing.

Thinking within myself I could guess a few reasons like :

1 - You save meny baking your bread instead of buying it just like you save meoney cooking your meals instead of buying it from a fast foos chain

2 - You taste and enjoy FRESH home-baked or self-baked bread better than a commercially produced bread.

3 - You can 'play' a little with the recipe and every time you can make your own bread that tastes to extactly the way you want it.

4 - There are traditional or local types of bread that you can't get from commercial bakeries , so you make them at home.

I dont know if any of these reasons are true or that any others are there.

Can someone guide me to WHY people bake their own bread. I have been trying to play with a few meal recipes, but never thought of making bread and began thinking if I should try making bread too.

BTW, my taste or character is very simple. I am not into fancy foods or fancy anything. That counts in the way I look at things.