Hey All,

I'm not trying to start a heated debate, but I have a question about something I truly don't quite understand.

This board is for and about folks who want to be prepared to survive. Not survivalists. In other words, folks who want to get through a situation and return to their normal life. (The assumption here being if they REALLY wanted the mountain man life they would be living it now). So here is the question...

As part of my personal mantra for surviving unforseen events and returning to my life, I want to be seen. I mean S-E-E-N!

If I could, I would find a hot pink bacpack with glowing neon lights and a strobe light on top! Anyone remember the classic cartoon of Ed the hapless deer hunter in the "man suit"? Complete with the flashing bells and waving flags so he wouldn't get mistaken for a buck. -smile-

Yet lots of folks here have bob bags, shtf packs, s.e.r.e. kits, and more in camo, or black, or desert camo, etc.

Why?

Again, I am trying to understand the approach. If it's about wanting to keep a low profile amongst regular folks, I guess I can see that. But would'nt a nice red backpack from NorthFace, Mountainsmith, et al be a lot more low profile than a tactical pack in camo with molle attachments? Plus it would be easier to see.

Thanks in advance for the level-headed discussion,