I had considered a Sirupati style but the problem with traditional knives like the ones you mentioned is it seems like most things now a days they are nothing more than cheap knock off's as opposed well built edged tools. You can find the real thing but when you do you will most certainly pay for it and the lesser metal qualities couldn't hold an edge while cutting paper much less trees. Another big consideration for me was size and ease of transport, many of these knives don't sheath well or have less than desirable covers and retaining features, when it comes to maneuverability, safety and needed stealth being well secured and rattle proof goes leaps and bounds for me.

I will admit I am a sucker for anything listed as Mil Spec or designed for Special Ops, many items claim this and it pays to investigate before buying. In some cases the civilian market has far surpassed what the military so that has to be weighed also... and of course its all about personal preference. It has just so happened that I found something that I can pound on like a hammer, cut, saw and pry with, and still skin a meal out at the end of the day.