Yes, I did.

For a while I got into the habit of checking the discount sample-size bin at my local grocery and discount store. I could get hygiene articles, small deodorant stick, tiny cans of shaving cream, etcetera for about a quarter a pop. Sometimes half that on sale.

I would make up little zip-lock bags with a discount toothbrush, tiny tube of toothpaste, a small container of deodorant spray or stick, a tiny packet of dental floss, a disposable razor and a small packet of wet-wipes, a packet of toilet tissue. Sometimes a little bottle of sunscreen or lip balm. I sometimes got really good deals on small and really basic sewing and first-aid kits so I sometimes threw in one of those.

The components, for the most part, didn't deteriorate with time so they stored well. I once handed them out to displaced families after a hurricane. One family was profuse in their gratitude. They said they hadn't washed for days and hadn't brushed their teeth longer than that. Sometimes I gave them to homeless folks. Generally they were well received.

I'm not sure why, or even when, but I stopped buying the stuff and making up the kits.