I'd like to say I bought a helicopter.

Instead, I live within walking distance of work.

The roads around here can't even handle rush hour, let alone a "panic." I don't know how you avoid it other than having the option and capacity to shelter-in and stay off the road.

We did have a test-run on September 11, 2001. Considering the Pentagon was burning, news reports were saying the State Department and White House complex had been hit and police were yelling at people to RUN-RUN-RUNNNNNN!! away from the Capitol and White House because of incoming aircraft....DC drivers reacted rather well.

No panic that I saw. Drivers were orderly, obeyed traffic lights. In those first few hours, people were freaked wondering when the next wave of the attack would start and where it would hit. But instead of panic I saw immediately that drivers were quite calm, intent on the news and rolling down their windows to share news with strangers on the sidewalk

But a snow forecast does get the mobs rushing to the grocery in a panic over running out of milk-eggs-toilet paper. That is a curious phenomenon.