I like gadgets and I'm not very style-conscious. My watch is a Casio Sea Pathfinder 701. It is solar-powered, has compass, thermometer, barometer and depth gauge, several alarms, down-counter and stop-watch.

I'm not very happy with it, to be honest, but I'm not unhappy enough to justify spending money on something better. I think thermometers in watches are pointless because the reading is offset by body heat. The depth gauge is useless because I don't swim much and don't need to know how deep I am when I do, and it's not a replacement for a proper diver's gauge. You have to push a button to see the barometer, which in practice I don't do (my previous watch had a pressure graph permanently on display, which was more useful).

The compass is OK. I no longer feel the need to carry a button compass every day now.

I'm undecided about solar power. Obviously it still has a battery inside it, and that will have a finite lifetime, so it might be better in the long run to have a watch with batteries that are designed to be replaced.