I was raised to be frugal. My step-dad was king of the frugals. I think he might've been from frugal rock or something. Anyways, I appreciate a good deal, but I still look for quality. I don't shop exclusively at Wal-Mart, but they are competitive enough that they make it worth going to visit regularly. I also do Sam's Club and Costco. In fact, all my jeans are from Costco. They're Kirkland brand jeans fit me almost perfectly, cost me about $13 a pair, and last for years.

Retail is almost as cutthroat as the construction business. I am not going to fault someone for getting it right, reading the consumer base like a dime novel and getting their supply line to do just what they want. They figured out the formula and they are working it, and that is the name of the game. If someone else can beat them and provide us all with a better product, service, and price, then I will gladly go pay them a visit and give them my business instead.