I'm amazed. In reading the forum thread and sundry commentary, I did not get the impression that you or ETS was selling PLB's, and I for one MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT GET THE IMPRESSION that you, ETS or the forum posters were trying to sell or gain from his self inflicted misfortune. My viewpoint is that it was simply a discussion about various news articles. If he did not want the publicity then he should not have put himself into the predicament in the first place.

If anything, the entire thread seemed to discuss the incident in much the same way as it would be spoken about after a coworker read the news article in the breakroom and commented on it while on break. I'll re-read the thread again to see if I missed some nuance, but IRRC there was not anyone of us standing to gain from his lack of preparedness.

Disclaimer> I am not a legal professional, nor do I want to be.<
My overall impression after reading the linked documents that you provided on this thread is that perhaps somebody is tired of chasing ambulances and decided to saber rattle.

Reading the threat letter makes one wonder what other exciting lawsuits this "lawyer" has threatened other folks / outfits with. Where there is smoke there is usually some fire.

If Aron really wanted to do something constructive with the experience, I would suggest writing a book about "the stupid thing that I did" in the hope of keeping others from doing the same.

I concur with the ETS stance on this saga and find it strange that someone with as much experience as he is ALLEGED to have would even speak with legal folks about starting such a frivolous suit.