Originally Posted By: Desperado
I hate to burst your bubble, but they were released in Texas.

What exactly do you mean by "released"? That would conflict with Federal law if suddenly any and all cell phone numbers in Texas were fair game for cold calls from telemarketers.

One feature that I am very glad to have on my current cell phone is a reject caller list. I rarely get telemarketing calls so if I ever get a call from an unknown, especially out-of-town area code, I'll ignore the call and then go look up the number on Google. Nine times out of 10, people will be reporting it as a telemarketing call, so I just put it on the reject list for a while, my cell phone never rings when they call, and after a few days or maybe a week, they stop calling.

It's particularly handy for these numbers that seem to call folks multiple times a day and yet if they answer, there is never anyone on the line. Sounds like an over-zealous autodialing program, but it's illegal to call cell phones with one.

Fortunately, I have only needed to keep one number on the list at a time, rather than juggling a whole bunch of telemarketing numbers. I do have my cell number on the Do Not Call list and limit giving it out to any businesses, so that probably helps.