Well, considering I got this on TV, it must be flavored with the ubiquitous grain of salt...

During lunch today, I saw a special on the USAF PJ's. They were showing part of their final FTX at the end of their 2 year school. It stated they were going to be covering 60 miles per day in full gear.

I saw their packs, I remember what those things weigh. If they were doing 60 miles per every 24 hours, they were not going to maintain that for very long without resupply of water. The area was desert around Kirtland AFB (Desert South West) New Mexico.

EDIT: They wouldn't be doing 60 miles per day for very long anyway if at all.

Having trained with the DOE not far from there for two weeks, I know the area. Water was not one of the elements that was readily available when the maker created this place. It was obviously already used up.

Is 60 miles in one day possible, yes. Is it possible for me in the sad shape I have allowed myself to get into, OH NO! [expletives deleted in advance]

This is a subject Montanero can probably relate experiences to. I am absolutely sure he has more time in varied terrain than several of us combined and multiplied by the same number.

Edited by Desperado (02/06/09 01:52 AM)

RIP OBG