As a kid growing up during WWII with most of my relatives serving in the Navy, I spent most of my winter months going to school or working on the family farms in Wisconsin in P- Coats. Even at 20 below, I was expected to do my chores and walk to school. I suffered no ill effects and actually enjoyed it. That memory never left me. Recently, I purchased a New black German Military Issue U Boat Commanders Great Coat. After searching, I found on the internet black leather buttons to replace the Brass German Navel Buttons. Luckily the black leather buttons matched the black leather shoulder, chest, and shoulder blade covering that the great coat had. The leather covering made the wool survive even better in wet weather. The coat weights 10.5 pounds. I still have the white silk navel scarf given to me by my father. If I have to attend another grave site ceremony in winter, I will both look good and be warm.

To complete the outfit, I purchased a black dyed blue fox fur from Finland that was assembled into a ushanka hat in the Russian Federation. It brings back memories of me walking the trap lines as I a kid.