Thanks for all the comments so far.

One thing to keep in mind is that while I plan on using some of the items in here to get me home in an emergency, that is really not the entire purpose.

All the electronic gear in the outer pouch - almost everything in there gets used on a very regular basis. The snacks and stuff in the upper pouch get used up almost every poker tourney I play in. This bag inherited several of the items that used to belong in a laptop bag, but I don't need to carry the laptop anymore so some of that stuff ended up in here.

The FAK also has some moleskin and some of that AMK blister shield stuff in it as well as some more duct tape.

The stuff that I have in there as basically 'at work conveniences' weighs out at 7.5lbs, bringing the pack weight to 14 without water. I'm sure there are a few more pounds of stuff that can go or be combined.

I've been doing a few half mile walks with it, and wear it during parts of my workouts. In a couple weeks, I plan on bumping my walks to 1-2 miles as I start getting ready to get back into hiking after a 4 year hiatus.