Originally Posted By: CAP613
It always got me how the line would manage to wrap around itself near the branch instead of the weight pulling the line to the ground. If I could tie a knot that good that fast I would be happy. It got to the point there where a number of weights in the tree that would fall out of it without warning, usually while I was cutting the grass under it. And we will not talk about the half of a brick on a masons line that my father got hung up while trying to rig a 40 meter inverted vee.

Well, yeah, I never said it was perfect... I too have a collection of weights and segments of fishing line hanging from my trees... it looks like I decorate them as xmas trees with fishing tackle or something grin I do know my wife was a little upset when she saw something hanging alongside a birds nest, and realized it was a lead fishing weight... I started mumbling something about daddy robin teaching baby robin how to use worms for bait, instead of eating them, and just got one of those looks from my better half.

- Ron