WOFT, do not feel bad about your post. How else will you learn? Irregardless of how you feel about the post or comments some people make. The important thing here is that you learn knowledge, which in turn empowers you. As Doug and many others have said; the number one survival tool is our brains. Your training in first aid is invaluable. Who knows when you will save a life, even if it is your own? I carry what I do from experience and my training. You may have noticed I carry a bare minimum of medications with me. What I have is mostly for me. I carry no antibiotics, or other than Motrin I have no painkillers. Looking over Doug’s list (drawing on his experience) you will notice his listing for antibiotics (Zithromax) and painkillers (Vicodin), but may also note that here in the U.S. you need a prescription for both. If carrying these items makes you feel better please do so by all means. Also ask the doctors here about carrying these. Most likely you will get a different answer even though these fine gentlemen have M.D. behind their names. Such is the nature of medicine.