I bought my first Mora from a Pamida store (think of a small Target or Walmart) in NW Iowa in about 1986 or so. I bought it as a cheap knife to use for digging wild plants out of the ground. I was taking a botany course at the time.

It had a black plastic handle and the classic cheap plastic sheath, and no matter how much I abused it, with a little sharpening it would get really REALLY sharp.

It wasn't until I read Cody Lundin's book and found ragweedforge.com mabye 20 years later that I realized that ugly cheap knife was a Mora.

Since then I've purchased quite a few Mora's from ragweedforge.com for different uses. The first one purchased after reading 98.6 degrees was the #137 with the hot-waxed leather sheath.

My favorites are the so-called "Modern Mora Knives from KJ Eriksson" that have numbers like 746 and 748. I like the feel of the handles. These days I mostly use them as car camping kitchen knives. I bought a set of 746, 748, and 749 (4", 5.75", and 8" SS blades) for my cook tub (used for car-based tent camping) and another set for my travel trailer. The plastic sheaths work great for camp kitchen use where a fancy robust knife is simply not needed and an un-sheathed knife is asking for trouble.