The good thing about the scalpel blade in the PSP is it will pass most security, is unlikely to be mistaken as a weapon and if you really need it you still have a sharp edge with you.
So don't be too hasty in dismissing it.

Anyway, I don't really count the scalpel blade as a knife at all, yet I have 1 in its foil pack in my wallet.
It is there in case I need something sterile for removing splinters and so on. There are a few other odd items in my wallet too.

Doug's PSP is a very small kit and meant to be that way.
It might not have everything, but it is small enough to be in a pocket and with you.

Odd as it seems anything I would think of adding to Doug's kit is stuff I already carry and use frequently enough that I would not want it in an emergency pouch like the PSP.
I want to just reach into my pocket and have it instead.

Would I want to chop down towering oak trees, defend against a charging grizzly bear or butcher an elephant with a pen knife?
Well hardly!
But if it lets me cut a seat belt, strip wires or open a pantleg so I can stop a wound bleeding it might be just enough.

Edit:
Ahhh, Andy. Those little titanium folding knives are so perfectly what I mean it is amazing.

Edited by scafool (01/28/09 02:50 PM)