I was working on making one of these last night, while we happed to be watching a thing on TV 'bout 6 people down in a light aircraft on top of an Alaska mtn, with the Air Force coming to rescue them. Anyway, my wife asked me what I was doing, and I explained it to her, adding that I was going to make one for her too. She thought for a few seconds, then said why not make it to go around an ankle instead. Most ankles are larger in diameter than wrists, so you would get more cord to carry, and the big bulky thing won't be in the way on your wrist. Since I had enough cord on the one Iwas making, I just kept making the thing longer, 'til it will fit around my calf just at the top of my boots. With that extra length, I now have two pieces of cord, each about 11 feet long. I haven't tried it wearing shorts and hiking boots yet, that might not look to "macho," but above boots, with long pants, no one will ever know...

On a side note, if anyone is interested in some inexpensive British paracord, Brigade QM has 400 ft, in 20 ft sections, for only $8.99. It doesn't have the internal cords like our stuff, but is still reported to be 550 lbs strong. Check it out...http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/level4s.tam?xax=29858&pagenumber%2Eptx=1&M5COPY%2Ectx=26010&M5%2Ectx=26010&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Rappelling%20%2D%20Ropes%20%26%20Harnesses&level3%2Ectx=results%2Etam&query%2Ectx=parachute%20cord&backto=%2Fagcatalog%2Fresults%2Etam