I'm not sure if you are missing the point, or telling a tall tale.

Never had a kid slip with a screw driver and stick his hand? Never had one slam his thumb with a hammer? Or get his knuckles kissed by the belt or disk sander? I don't buy it. We aren't talking about taking your thumb off in the table saw or putting the drill press through your hand, we are talking about booboos. I respect disk sanders becuase I buffed the skin of a knuckle when I was in shop class- I made a mistake, and everyone in the class learned from it.

We aren't talking about carving the kids up or burning them intentionally. We are talking about admitting that people have accidents. Even the best of us have bad days and moments of inattention, and then "owwwww". If you can do 250 kids per year, and never have one of them draw blood, or get singed if you are doing anything with metal, or get a little zap if you have electronics, then I really have to ask what you are really doing. I'm not trying to be insulting, but I went to a technical college. It is like a great big shop class. IQs quite a bit higher than average, everyone really wants to be there, most of us had been working with this stuff for a couple years already in some form, and we'd all had the safety briefings. Never saw a semester where someone didn't get hurt in the machine shop, or the automotive lab, or civil lab area, or the electronics lab. Not major, but someone having to regrow a couple of fingerprints, or pick up a scar, or sticking their finger into something live and quite a bit more than 12VDC, or find out the hard what that yes, this is why you wear steel toes and be glad you still have ten toes. It happens when you aren't 100% or you bite off more than you can chew, and everyone has bad days and worse luck.

You know, the whole reason this place exists.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.