Ken,

It is nice to hear from you again. I think it is great that Scouters can share outdoor skill ideas here.

The winter survival camp-out was in the 40s during the day and in the 20s in the morning. Last year it was in the low teens. There was almost no wind, so it didn't feel very cold. You can look at all our pictures by clicking the little color circle in the lower right hand corner and then clicking on the Troop824 link.

I might be able to help with your Troop website. I wrote ours using TextPad. I am using Google's calendar, Blog and Picasa. It takes up about 80 MBs but most of that are older photo albums. I am willing to share my code if you are interested.

If you download Picasa you can upload albums that we can all look at. Later you can create sideshow links you can put in your website.

Almost everything in the website is click-able. All the rank, position and merit badge patches link to a BSA website with the current requirements and responsibilities.

The Black Canyon Trail is one of my favorite slide shows. It was a 10 mile hike. I took lots of pictures of spring flowers. There are also pictures of my wife, sons and myself. The dessert was in full bloom.