I tend to watch MvW whenever I happen upon it, but what always turns me off is when he does something that would get a typical survivor killed or put them in a position to be killed for no benefit. Fore front in my mind is the episode in Patagonia where he makes a raft to cross the freezing lake instead of walking around it. Obviously the raft makes better television than just walking around it, but in a survival situation where you are alone don't you want to ensure your safety over everything?

That said, he seems to bring in a wider audience than Survivorman, I would speculate this is due to his charisma and his stunts (and a name like Bear!). So I can applaud his work for making more people aware of being prepared than Les might have reached. That is a sincere compliment, because I think someone with a half correct education is better than someone with none. If a viewing of MvW sparks an interest in survival that leads them to picking up a book on the subject and really educating themselves, well that's a win in my book.