Originally Posted By: scafool
What is this minilight used for? They seem small enough that I might order a couple as zipper pulls and keychain junk anyhow because the pelites and minimags are just a little bit too big to carry every day and every place.

I was working the SAFE show where Doug used these lights as promotional items. They are well made and I think will be very sturdy over the long haul. From what Doug told me these lights are intended for occasional use (finding the keyhole in the dark kinda thing) and the other goal was to make it so easy to carry that you would always have it with you. I will tell you that the aircrew personnel thought the lights were great, a number of them said they'd be great on the zipper pulls of their flight suits.

Regrettably I gave the ones I picked up at the show to the DD's and my brothers-in-law so I guess I'll have to buy some for myself.

I buy button cells in bulk from DealExtreme. They generally are a good deal. I use small pill fobs to carry spare button cells on the keyring. American Science Surplus has nice deals on those.

Only got a glimpse of the new knife but it looked pretty snazzy.