Originally Posted By: MDinana
If it's not, politely remind them that they put their boys into Scouting to learn things that they don't learn at home, and how to learn skills for life, and given all the recent strife (name off Katrina, the tornado in KS 2 years ago, etc), you're preparing them for a situation that may occur while camping, but that dovetails nicely with real life.

If that doesn't work, there's still Option #1.

As for butter bars being lost... It's cuz the 1st Sgt takes the good compass and replaces it with the "slightly broken" one. I'm on to all of them!

Don't worry about the tornado in KS what about the one in Iowa that hit the scout camp. (or was it KS?) Those kids knew what to do once TSHTF and the splatter was over.

Top didn't hide the good compass, you were holding it backwards.

I will never forget Fort Carson Colorado and finding a lost Arkansas National Guard 2LT. I was out closing the barriers to the impact area for a TOW missile live fire. Here is this butter bar having a lunch break under a tree off to one side of the trail EOD had cleared for driving on. (Yes it was the trail I found an 8 inch UXO on by watering it.) I told him where he was, and the danger he was in. His response... Boy I am glad your here sarge, I am LLAMF again.

RIP OBG