Most sorry to hear about your illness; very happy that you are on the road to recovery.

+1 on changing doc's, even if only to get another set of eyes on the same issues. I have been surprised on the different approaches used by different doctors in treating my diabetes, e.g., do a little or be very aggressive.

+1 on having all of the financial info, passwords, etc. in a common (secure) place; DW and I share a common calendar when things have to be paid, know all the login's, accounts etc.

One thing that I always encourage is for husband and wife to have all of the necessary medical/legal documents for each other in place and ready to go; things such as powers of attorney and advance directives etc. I know this and advocate it and was caught short this summer when DW was taken to the emergency room in very bad shape, the the ER folks wanted to see the documents, and put copies in her hospital file! Who knew I had to take them with me on the ride to the emergency room? Everything turned out ok, but it was a scare and a lesson learned.

Best of luck