Glad you're doing OK. I have to wonder though, what made your triglycerides so high...

I'm going to take a slightly different look on things here. First, I would think that your TG's would have to be high for a while before causing pancreatitis. So, my first thought is have you been getting yearly blood draws? If you have, please let me know, cuz if nothing else it'll give me something to research - I ask in the name of further education only!

Second, unfortunate as it is, sometimes waiting is the RIGHT thing to do. Many things can cause "abnormal" blood tests, and sometimes they do fix themselves. Professional guidelines sometimes take a "wait and see" approach. If you ever go for a lawyer, you'll have to prove he was acting in a manner that's not in compliance with standard medical practices.

Third, just to clarify what you wrote. I'm assuming that the blood tests are done at a lab, not the doctor's office? You saw him in Nov and had abnormal tests. Then you saw him on Dec 23, but didn't get the blood work planned til Jan 9... why the 3-week wait on your part? Really, if you're complaining that he's waiting and yet you're waiting too... it just seems like you're not helping yourself there.

Last, if you want a new doc, more power to you. Despite what happened, and where the ball was dropped, you should feel comfortable with your doc, and have the right to someone that treats you as you want to be treated. That goes for everyone on the board. If you don't like his vacation schedule, change docs. Just realize that lots of docs do put in 12+ hour days, and deserve a break just like everyone else (and lots of them have kids, with standard school breaks, just like everyone else)