Hi Gang,
You might have noticed that I haven't been around for a bit over 2 weeks. The short story - on the morning of Jan 5, I went to the hospital with incredible pain in my abdomen - it had started a couple of days before as pain around the back, just like a kidney stone, and I had an appointment with a Urologist for the afternoon of 1/5 - I never made that apointment

Turns out I had Pancratitus secondary to hypertriglyceredemia

Big words for my triglyceride levels went crazy, and messed up my pancreus

I'm doing somewhat OK, but the incident turned me into a type 1 diabetic (oh joy)

Thing is - my wife got a phone call from sprint, and she could not access my account because she didn't have the password - it was a work account billed to me, then the company pays back - never thought of writing down that PIN for her

How about all your bank accounts - does your next of kin know where to find everything? All the Passwords? Etc? Do they know online friends who should be contacted?

The was a short period of time where the MDs were really worried - the blood chemistry changes were messing with my heart

I'm back at home (have not yet gone back to work - don't feel up to it yet)

I can think of better ways to spend 14 days than in the hospital

BTW, when you MD sends you for a blood test in late November and he says "the results are all wierd, like you didn't fast" - when he says "we'll redo the test when you see me right after Christmas" - don't wait - have the test redone. I got the script to do the test Christmas week, and was going to go to the lab on the 9th

And a 2nd "your joking" - they are worried about my blood chemistry - so they are drawing labs ever 4 hours - 3 tubes of blood each time. Then after like 4 days of this (and being NPO) they say "we're a bit worried - your hemoglobin is going down" - my reply - I was NPO for 3 days, you put me on clear liquids today - you've taken 3oz/blood every 4 hours for 4 days - don't you think the hemoglobin will go down?
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com