I don't change my BOB, because in my thinking, I do not want to forget to change BOB back.

If I have BOB packed and ready to go with things I think are sufficient for all seasons, then I am as ready as i am going to be. If I tailor BOB to summer and forget to change BOB back for winter, I could be ill-prepared for cold weather.

My BOB is for bugging-out of bugging-in, and rarely moves out of its position near the front door. My friend BOB is a homebody.

I do however tailor the gear I carry for what I expect to encounter, and on rare occasions when I need a pack the size of BOB, BOB's contents can get changed out. This past Fall, I climbed Mount Washington. If I had decided to carry BOB full of his normal contents, then I would have dropped from exhaustion. So, I took out some things and added a few more. BOB and I went up and came down no problem.

DW however complained a bit about carrying too much in her BOB. Of course, she didn't look through it and left it up to me what she was going to carry. She really did not like carrying the Mainstay bar, but I felt comfortable knowing she would have food if she got stuck out there.