Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Elaborate.

Heh heh... Elaborate... Gotta love misreading the intention late at night.

Yeah, the duplication is intentional as I don't like to put all of my eggs in one basket, so to speak.

I typically carry a SAK, Leatherman Wave, Gerber Infinity (single AA LED flashlight), a BSA Hot Spark, some jute twine, and a lighter on my person. I tuck the vacuum packed components into cargo pockets when I head out into the wilds.

Originally Posted By: BigDaddyTX
I like the box in a box setup, very organized, excellent use of space. Maybe you could cram 1 or 2 of those small glowsticks in there in case you needed light at night? They come in pretty small sizes, but then, I'm a glowstick freak, I have like 10 in my bag.

I'm not a huge fan of glowsticks. I actually have two stored in my pack, but I consider them seperate from my "survival" gear. For light, I've got the Infinity and Doug's Photon. Plus lots of firemaking opportunities. I think Doug made a comment in one of his reviews, if you can't make a fire with what is in this kit, you are better off being taken out of the gene pool.

Originally Posted By: GarlyDog

At first glance, I thought the Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Survival Blanket was a shrink wrapped Whoopie Cushion.

Now that is funny! Who said survival can't be funny. Pllbbbbbttt... hah hah, you fell for my survival whoopie cushion trick!

The two normal sized Altoid tins contain my survival snares and the bulk of Doug's commercial PSK. Would love to slip one of his new knives into this kit. Maybe the light as well.

I like having the pre-made snares so I don't have to fool around with making some up. I do have the wire in there if I need to create more.

Another thing I'd like to add are some extra batteries for the Photon.