Since my niece was in town for the weekend, we decided to go on a little day trip. My sister (her mom) said they'll pick me up at my house. When they show, sis and hubby are in the back seat, my niece is driving and I get shotgun. I open the door, toss BOB in and climb in. My niece is looking at my rucksack and says 'what's that.' I smiled and said "That's my friend, Bob" and leave it at that.
One of our stops was Centralia, PA, a town that was evacuated/condemned/erased because of a coal mine fire that's been burning underground for the last 45 years or so. Anyway, she's complaining of being cold, so I open BOB and give her a scarf and light up one of those charcoal hand-warmers for her. After walking around for about 30 minutes, bro-in-law is complaining about forgetting his hat, so I open BOB and give him my old mad bomber hat (which got a lot of laughs!). After a while, everyone's complaining about being hungry, so I open BOB again and they get some Clif Bars and a water bottle, to hold us over until lunch.
When we're back in the truck, she asks me about BOB again. I told her it's just a pack I carry some supplies in 'just in case.' When we get home, I dump the whole thing out and go through it for her, explaining what purpose everything has. She asks if I carry it all the time. I said 'pretty much, though it's contents change seasonally.' Since it's winter, more warmth related things, like the mad bomber hat, extra socks, mittens, scarf, etc. In summer, that stuff comes out and is replaced with a Tilley hat and more water, etc.
So that's my question - what do ya'all swap in and out of your BOBs because of the season?