Turkish coffee is fine once you've developed a palet for it.
But then, I watched a cowboy fish a dead kangaroo mouse out of our blue speckleware camp pot, toss it into the darkness and pour us a cup.Coffee and water can be precious sometimes.
The WELL prepared survivalist has both to succor all tastes in his party.
I once worked for a cockney car mechanic. I set up a tea mess with an old Brown Betty, a few tea classics and walked every few days next door to the brit import shoppe for digestives.One day, a lady arrived in deep despair with her vintage Jag-U-ar a bit bent after tangling with a Audi. Just as she was explaining what happened, the spanish Heinkle 111 brought over after movie use flew overhead.She saw that shadow, looked up and instinctively ran inside sobbing and cursing Hitler. My boss grabbed the SMLE I had brought by to show him and I sort of pointed it skyward until the old plane passsed. Then we brewed a cuppa Earl Grey and she drank it like medicine- which culturaly it is.
I think it was @ 10 minutes later the cops showed up asking about 'some guy pointing a rifle at airplanes' while sweeping the tiny shop for guns.
We let the Smelly sit submerged in the degreasing drum until closing time.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (01/18/09 05:04 AM)