Depending on the terrain, isn't blast radius on most fusion bombs these days somewhere around 40 miles? I'd figure 50 just to be safe. How fast can you go 50 miles if you have to? Maybe I do need to consider a pair of BMWs motorcycles. Then again, here in cental Colorado, you'd probably be driving like a bat out of hell from one blast radius and right into another I suppose.

Being able to do 160 mph+ on the ground in the open, and otherwise able to navigate traffic jams when necessary, I'd say that the most expedient way for most of us to emergency evac would be a big bike. Sometimes speed will be preferable to load. Getting to a local airport, getting prepped, and getting off the ground, even if you have your own plane and it is fully equipped is just going to take too long, unless the local airport is your back yard.

As it is, my plan allows me to pack all that I need to bug out hard in just my pickup truck. It is quite full, but it will have enough for me to live for at least two weeks in just about any weather conditions, and it is mobile. I discovered that much of what I pack for elk camp works just as well for bug out.