One of the things that can help for this type of situation is being organized. Have a place for all your stuff. I see so many people that have just stuff piled on top of stuff, be it magazines or crafts or knick knacks. I've tried for the last few years to think stuff out, no more $$$ paintings and wall hangings, we buy cheapo picture frames from doallr stores and print off pictures of our kids and hang those on the walls. Sonce they are printed copies of our digital pictures if they get lost or stolen its no big deal. I've bought all kinds of storage boxes and bags and such, everything goes in those. If the house comes down chances are some of those will still survive so I can just drag them out and go. Everything then gets inventoried in spreadsheets that can be used for insurance.
All my 'stuff' being inventoried gets a priority as to what goes first if we would have to leave it can be in an organized fashion or I can locate or find it when I need it. Anything that I really need or I'm that attached to is in the bug out gear so it can go out of the house with me.