There were a lot of interesting answers.

My turn now.

When I am in the woods it is loose tea.
It is very light to carry and gives me a reason to boil my water, and the tea leaves seem to trap any silt that might be in the water.

If I am a bit turned around stopping to brew a mug of tea lets me think and figure out what to do next, after a mug of tea things always seem better.

Also when hiking with small groups in the cold a small fire and mug up of tea every hour or two is a good way to take a break and warm chilly fingers.
I have not found a really good whitener for it yet, but the little pouches of coffeemate are not too bad.
I enjoy trying different flavours of tea, but tend to only carry one at a time.

In my emergency packs there are a few teabags, pouches of whitener and sugar instant hot chocolate and instant coffee pouches.
Instant hot chocolate and instant coffee make instant Mocha, and that gives you sugar and caffeine at the same time, a real energy booster.

I find ground coffee is just too heavy to carry in the woods, so it is for a special treat at the cabin.
I know people who are just the opposite. They mug up on boiled coffee brewed with a big handful of grounds for each cup and one more for the pot.