Airguns are my main hobby. If you are interested in airguns you might want to check out www.yellowforum.com

Most airgunners will cringe at the mention of the STUNT Gamo pulled killing the pig with a 177 pellet. I guess anything can be killed with a 177 pellet and a lucky shot but it is not practical, repeatable, or ethical. There are big bore airguns made today that are very capable of killing large game but they are in a completely different league as most airguns. I am not into the big bores myself as they are contrary to why I like airguns. I like airguns because they are quieter and safer due to their limited range. Air rifles are ideal weapons for small game. If you read much on the airgun forum site you will realize that airgunners are much more interested in accuracy than power. Shot placement is everything when you are using such a small and lightweight projectile. Lower powered airguns are much easier to shoot accurately. I good mid range airgun to hunt with would be a RWS 34. Another option you might want to consider is the new Crosman Discovery PCP.

Thanks for the chance to share my passion here,

David Enoch