Thanks Benjammin for getting me started.

What plan(s) do each of us have for when a disaster recovery has stretched to a point that staying put is no liable viable?

That point, for me, arrives when fresh water (my Achille's Heel) is rapidly diminishing and gasoline is in short supply, prohibiting me from going to get more water, in a reliable fashion.

That point could be reached much more rapidly if an identified major event is coming down on me, and staying put is not an option, and a quick return is unlikely.

IMO, having a camper simplifies the need for an emergency home, unfortunately, that is an option that I won't be afford for a couple more years.

My current plan (still developing) comes from www.cheaprvliving.com . I am thinking of renting a large sized box truck from a company such as Ryder, Pensky(?), etc. Load it up with my books/manuals, food and water supplies, tools, and some furniture (armory, sofa bed, DD1's hospital bed, porta potty, camping gear, etc), and head to one of several "Safe Havens" where I could park it for a short term, or rent a small place, unload the goods, and turn the rental truck in.

This idea originally came from a friend in the U.P. of Michigan who would do this to attend NASCAR races, in Florida every year.

My next endeavor is to check and insure that my safe havens are within range of certain medical services and that those places accept my military medical insurance.

This plan would quickly relocate my family to safety and allow me to work at my job, which is always far from home. When the emergency situation has calmed down sufficiently, We either drive home, or rent another truck, load it up, and drive home.

That's my ultimate "layer" of planning,,,,for now.