Coffee. Black, hot, strong and served by the gallon if at all possible. Pout in grounds, a pinch of salt and boil. Firmly tap the side of the pot to cause the grounds to sink. Use egg shells or pour through cheesecloth or one of the stainless 'permanent filters' sold as an alternative to paper filters in drip machines if you don't have the touch.

I like my coffee but I'm not particular about the blend, grind or how it is made.

Instant coffee is perhaps the single most convincing proof of the existence of evil in this world. Decaffeinated coffee runs a close second. But, being the fallen, perverse and self-contradictory creature humans tend to be I have sometimes resorted to using the abominable instant variety. But never the decaf. I have standards.

I also like tea. Late in the evening when the extra caffeine might interfere with sleep but a warming boost is just the ticket I like some tea. English breakfast tea is good but more often than not it is a nice green tea brewed strong and served hot.

In no case is any cream, whitener or sweetener ever required as they are tools of the devil and will distort your soul.