Originally Posted By: Desperado
Where the heck do you sit with all that in there? Sounds like you went to the packing school I put on just before I slung my HMMWV on 24 FEB 91.

All the liquids are stored behind the rear seat, the 3 "Fat 50" ammo cans are stacked right next to the liquids and ratch-strapped down. The larger 20MM ammo can and mechanic's toolbag sit right in front of those, next to the rear racing bucket seat. The Hi-Lift jack is mounted to the rear rollbar behind the rear seat and just above the liquids and ammo cans.

Small tools are in the "Fat 50" ammo cans - wrenches (in tool rollups), sockets (on socket rails), ratchets, extensions, screwdrivers (rollup), pliers (rollup). Bigger tools are in the mechanic's tool bag along with the 20' chain, 30' snatch strap, 8' tree saver, bungees, ratchet straps, and tiewraps. The 20MM can has grease, cotter pins, grease gun, oil gun, u-joint / balljoint press, and a spare unit bearing. The u-joints are in the console along with duct tape, 2 ponchos, a roll of toilet paper, a lighter, and the winch remote.

The spare axle shafts and driveshaft are laying in between the mechanic's toolbag and the 20MM big ammo can. My fire extinguisher is mounted on the roll cage right behind the driver's seat, the CB is on the dash, and my MP3 player is in the glove box along with a tire gauge. The tire patch/plug kit and a few other small things fit underneath the racing bucket seat, the bracket I made to mount it allows access from the back but not the front, so they don't slide out forward. I also have a steel magnetic parts bowl that goes on the inner fenderwell opposite the rear seat, and the tire chocks go under one of the front seats or in the rear floorboard opposite the rear seat.

It is a lot of stuff, but I know where everything is (even in the dark) and it fits in there pretty good. When I go for an entire weekend at the offroad park, I throw my cargo rack on the receiver hitch and bring more stuff, including jack stands and a long frame 3-ton floor jack.

Edited by 2005RedTJ (01/10/09 06:42 AM)