Oh, it's like most of my belongings I suppose. I could really do without 70% of the stuff around my house these days. Coming from a background where I had damned little for a time, I suppose it is a bit of an over-reaction now, and maybe some reaffirmation of my hard work generating more success than I probabaly deserve in my lifetime.

I suspect it's the same for many here. If nothing else, I can use the excuse that "it's better to have it all and not need it, than to need it and not have it." There's always a chance I may need a dozen really good fixed blade knives for something someday. In the meantime, I can sit with friends in my hooch sipping whiskey and admiring the collection I suppose. Heck, I may even end up giving them away as sacred gifts to those who someday might seek my approval/admiration and also have need of commemorating some accomplishment materially. I'd like to think such trophies have a practical side, unlike the plaques on the wall, but really, until they do get used seriously, that's really all they are.