I'm assuming you're bringing gear to help unstick a stuck jeep??

You might bring either some Vaseline-covered cotton balls for tinder, or some commercial counterparts. You could use the TP, but it probably wouldn't burn very long.

I'll second the suggestion for a tarp of some kind - at least kept in the vehicle. I'd make it a very bright one so you can make getting found easier. Tarpsonline.com sells bright orange plastic tarps (like the blue ones, but very bright orange). They're nice.

Don't forget to tell a trusted sole exactly where you're going, when you'll be back, that you'll contact them when you return, and instructions on what to do if you're not heard from. Or ... buy a PLB.

I do like the idea of throwing a sleeping bag and a cheap sleeping pad into the truck. In another thread Chris recently mentioned that his sleeping bag is his primary survival item ... given that you've got a truck, I think that's a good call. Could turn a very cold night into a nice night's sleep.

One of the problems with have 100 purification tablets (Micropur?) is that they expire after some time. That is why I went with the MSR Miox.

I'll second the head net recommendation and the insect repellent. The Outdoor Research head net is my favorite - and happens to be the one Doug Ritter puts in his big aviation kit. When the boys in my son's Scout troop go on survival overnights, the two biggest issues are staying dry (tarp above & below), warmth (sleeping bag & pad), and dealing with the bugs.

Ken K.