UPDATE:

My email exchange with Henry Rifles regarding the AR-7 survival rifle I purchased about a year and a half ago.

> To: webletters@henryrepeating.com
> Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:18 PM
> Subject: Thank you and a question.
>
>
> I had had some trouble with a survival rifle I purchased
> about a year and a half ago. You repaired it once and then
> ended up replacing it.
>
> I received the new survival rifle a month ago. I had an
> opportunity to try it out last weekend. The performance
> compared to the old rifle was outstanding. Thank You.
>
> I did notice that the new rifle seemed a little more
> hearty in the trigger and receiver area. I also noticed a
> copper or goldish colored pin protruding into the receiver
> area that I didn't notice before.
>
> Is it that I have a bad memory or have some changes been
> made?
>
> Thank you in advance for your response.
>
> Cameron

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 1:01 PM
> Thank you for owning a Henry US Survival. I am sorry you had
> some problems, and yes we made some improvements.
>
> Best wishes for a Happy & Healthy New Year
> Anthony Imperato, President
> Henry Repeating Arms, Co.
> 59 East 1st Street
> Bayonne, NJ 07002
>
>
>
> Telephone 201-858-4400
> Fax 201-858-4435
> Email Anthony@HenryRepeating.com
> Website http://www.henryrepeating.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Thank you and a question.
To: Anthony Imperato <anthony@henryrepeating.com>

Mr. Imperato,

Thank you for the response. As I no longer have the first survival rifle I purchased and can't make any comparisons would you be kind enough to elaborate on all of the improvements?

I am a member of an out door web forum. The Henry Survival Rifle is often a topic of conversation. It would be greatly appreciated by many members of the forum I am sure to have more information on the improvements.

Thank you,

Cameron

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in SHORT WE HAVE MADE IMPROVEMENTS/CHANGES TO THE MAGAZINE, THE EJECTOR, THE MAG CATCH AND THE BARREL. Best wishes for a Happy & Healthy New Year
Anthony Imperato, President
Henry Repeating Arms, Co.
59 East 1st Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002 Telephone 201-858-4400
Fax 201-858-4435
Email Anthony@HenryRepeating.com
Website http://www.henryrepeating.com

"MADE IN AMERICA AND PRICED RIGHT" (718) 499-5600

End of email exchange.....

Well I guess he was a little hurried or didn't want to answer the question. Anyhow I ran 100 rounds through the new survival rifle and had about 10 misfires.... and a few feeding problems. Although this is not perfect it is substantially better than the previous rifle. It also seemed to have the problems in the first 50 rounds or so. I hope by breaking it in a little more the performance will improve.

I had to shoot at an indoor range so no long range shooting but it was hitting in about 8 out of 8 in a 3 inch circle at 50 feet out of the box with not even a sight adjustment. Will break it in a little more soon and then take it outside this spring and put some time into seeing what king of groupings I can really get.

Would recommend the new and improved version of the Henrey survival rifle but don't expect it to be perfect.

Cameron