The product line looks good, and those higher grade knives have a really nice touch, but it seems they are rather pricey ($2,400 for a limited grade?)

For what you'd spend to get a "Tactical" grade Wilson, I would recommend checking out some of the Busse family of knives (big groan from the crowd, here comes the schpiel).

Busse are also american made, using a rather proprietary alloy that has been quite well tested by the industry. They have a forum page at Bladeforums as well as their own website. Their big drawback is never having stock to sell. As soon as they make a production run, they sell out quickly.

The reason I advocate this manufacturer is due to my experience abroad, and the fact that I own several of their blades and have put them through the wringer and they have performed better than expected. Combine that with an unconditional guarantee (you break it, they will repair or replace it for the cost of shipping) and you have yourself a deal that cannot be beat for the money you spend. The mainline of Busse knives are the high end, they also make lower grade but quite functional models under their Scrapyard and Swamp Rat brands, also with the same guarantee.

In the world of knives, I've come to realize that pretty much any knife at any price range can be considered adequate and satisfactory for the money you pay, more or less. There are ripoffs at any price range, so caveat emptor, but even an inexpensive Mora, which can be had for less than $20 these days, is a quality knife in the proper context. I wouldn't spend $200 on any Mora, but for what they charge, you do get your money's worth. In my opinion, D2 is not the end all, be all of knife steels, any more than Busse's INFI alloy would be, or for that matter 1055 or 1080 or 420 or 440. All have their place somewhere, with advantages and disadvantages. Designs also vary considerably, and Busse knives are almost always big brutish knives that aren't really made for delicate work. They are what I would call combat grade, if such a term could be so singularly descriptive.

As to your question, I have no experience with Wilson knives at all. From what I saw on the website, they look good, and would seem to be a quality made knife. If you do acquire one, please share with us your observations and opinions. As for me, I know what I like, so I doubt I would seek to get a Wilson myself. You never know what deal may come around the corner, though...

BTW, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you post more.