I have been thinking lately about the various laws 'civilized' people live under. In my home state of Wisconsin I am in one of two states (Illinois the other ) with no form of concealed carry law for firearms. If one carries openly they will be charged with a misdemeanor 'disturbing the peace' violation. effectively this means one carries concealed and if caught is considered a major law breaker or one doesn't carry.

I also look over the fishing, hunting and trapping regulations. Unless one has hook and line in summer any means of getting meat for food seems to be illegal.

Wisconsin is an odd place, part of the state is Indian reservation where all state and local laws are legally ignored, then there is the rural part of the state that doesn't have many laws and then there are the sewers/cities with many, many laws and none of them seem to be passed by anyone with any semblance of 'country living'.

I kind of know how things go living next door to a former sheriff's deputy now game warden, but how is it where you live?

My own view is that on my own property I do as i please and that means trapping animals that would bother my garden 24x7 365 days/year. I kill and eat what I trap.

When fishing I am mostly catch and release, but when survival camping I eat what I catch.

I seem to break a lot of laws just trying to get by. I don't really consider myself a rebel, but with such laws passed by people who never slept a night in the woods, what can I do?

How about you?

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (01/01/09 09:32 PM)