How many of you men carry a man purse? I know in the midwest where I live I have never seen another male with one in the 3 years I have carried one, but I understand on the coasts and in some parts of Europe they are pretty common.

When I first got a man purse my male friends made all the necessary homosexual jokes and a few females laughed so hard they snorted. By now everyone I know is just used to it.

What is a man purse? It is basically just a purse carried by women, but fashioned to look more manly. Same thing really.

I am one of those people who hates having stuff in my pocket or on my belt. My work requires me to carry a cell phone and pager so I needed another means of carrying them than my pockets or belt.

In winter I have plenty of pockets for carrying stuff, but in summer when I wear shorts, t-shirt and sandals carrying room is at a premium.

I used to use a fanny pack, but it is a waist worn item and few are designed to organize what is carried, they are usually just one pouch.

Then I found a Lewis N Clark man purse. It is only about 11" long x 8" tall x 2-4" wide (depending on how much it is stuffed full of stuff). It has a shoulder strap to carry like a purse as well as a waist strap to carry like a nerd bag (fanny pack).

This thing has 4 zippered areas and 2 of those areas have sub areas with sub areas for organization.

In the main area I carry my keys, wallet, mini survival kit, hand held GPS, eye drops, aspirin etc. In another compartment I carry a digital camera and lots of spare batteries. In another area I carry change and a small knife. I also carry a writing pad, pen and pencil, cell phone and pager.

The purse is perhaps at half it's carrying capacity. If I wanted to I could put a smaller Glock in it and still have room to spare.

Yes, it is a purse and it is for men and I get that many find the idea too 'feminine', but for me I think it is too practical to not carry.

What do you think?